What are some common problems/solutions to shifting?
The 'shift-on-go' does not shift properly or jumps out of gear?
Extreme vibration occurs when clutch is engaged (Let-Out)?
- Check for split or damaged pulley(s). Replace if necessary.
- Check drive belt for irregularities or burned spots. Replace if necessary.
- Make sure drive belt tension is correct. Adjust if necessary.
- Check clutch idler assembly for wear or damage. Replace parts if necessary.
The unit will not shift or shifts hard?
- Check shifting procedure. Non Shift-On-Go units MUST come to a complete stop before shifting.
- Check lawn tractor drive belt adjustment and brake adjustment in manual. Adjust if necessary.
- Have transaxle or transmission inspected by a Murray Service Dealer.